Rules and Regulations
Transcripts, Testimonial and Certificates Rules
RULES REGARDING TRANSFER
No student can transfer his/her credits before completing at least three semesters or 45 credits whichever is higher at WUB. However, there shall not be any transfer in some cases. Any student seeking transfer must clear all dues and return all monetary benefits enjoyed before submitting application for Transfer Certificate.
RULES RELATING TO ISSUE OF TRANSCRIPTS
A transcript is a comprehensive record of a student’s academic performance as recorded by the faculty/ department including courses transferred, special credit, credit by exam, and degrees awarded. Official transcripts after completion of a degree are printed on Security Paper and are embossed with the WUB seal and signature of the Controller of Examinations /Registrar.
Students may ask for interim transcript or replacement of lost or damaged official transcript.
To receive a copy of the transcript, all financial obligations to the WUB must be settled.
To request a transcript, a prescribed form must be filled in and submitted along with an application to the Office of the Controller of Examinations.
Cost – Official Transcripts are currently charged at TK. 1500/- each plus prevailing mailing charges for international and domestic purposes. All payments for issuing a transcript must be made through a pay order or a bank draft in favor of the Registrar, World University of Bangladesh. The interim transcript is issued on payment of 750/- and, TK. 1000/- for additional transcript.
- l transcripts are sent to the name and address of the recipient as mentioned in the “Transcript Request Form”.
- No transcripts will be issued personally or in favor of the student unless the student has completed all the requirements for graduation, and provided detail documentation required.
- A four weeks’ time must be allowed for issue of transcript. Extra charges of TK. 750/- are applicable for quick – issue of transcripts.
- A Transcript is only issued when a student has completed at least three semesters or 45 credits,, whichever is higher at WUB and only for specific purpose.
Issue of Additional Transcripts of Academic Records/ Certificates (Provisional)
No additional Transcripts of Academic Records or (Provisional) Certificates will be provided to a student once he/she had received the copy of the original Academic Transcripts or Certificate from the University. However, additional Transcript /(Provisional) Certificates may be issued under any of the following circumstances
- If the Transcript/ (Provisional) Certificate is found to be lost, stolen, or missing.
- If the Transcript / (Provisional) Certificate has been damaged due to circumstances beyond the control of the student.
Additional Transcripts of Academic Records will only be issued to a candidate when a foreign/ domestic agency, college, university, or any govt. institution has requested to the candidate (student) for submission of academic transcripts. Additional Transcripts of Academic Records may also be issued if they are found to be lost, stolen, or missing.
ISSUE OF PROVISIONAL CERTIFICATE
A student shall be issued a provisional certificate on payment of the following:
- TK. 1500/- within 30 days of application
- TK. 3000/- within 15 days of application
- TK. 5000/- within 5 days of application
Rules with regard to issue of additional (provisional) certificates:
In case of (provisional) certificate found lost, stolen, or missing, the candidate must file a ‘General Diary’ with the nearby police station and place an advertisement in at least two daily newspapers (one English and one Bengali) that his/her (provisional) certificate had been lost, stolen, missing. Two (2) copies of the General Diary along with two (2) copies of the two advertisements must be forwarded with an application addressed to the Registrar specifying the reason of the (provisional) certificate being lost, stolen, or missing with a pay order/Bank order of TK. 2000/- (US$ 50) in favor of The World University of Bangladesh.
In case the (provisional) certificate has been found damaged due to circumstances beyond the control, the above circumstances will apply and the student must surrender the damaged copy of the original (provisional) certificate to the university along with the application.
In both cases, if the application is found satisfactory, the Registrar will issue an additional (provisional) certificate. For all requests for issue of duplicate (additional) provisional certificates, at least seven (7) days’ time must be allowed.
Rules With Regard To Issue of Additional Transcripts of Academic Records
In order to issue additional Transcripts of Academic Records, the students must fill in a prescribed form. The fees that are applicable are as follows:
For Domestic Purposes:
The same fees will be applicable for issue of additional Transcripts of Academic Records but mailing charges will be as per the rate specified by domestic courier services. For emergency deliveries, a period of 48 hours must be allowed and for normal deliveries, a period of seven days must be allowed.
In such circumstances, the same rules apply as per issue of (provisional) certificates. But the fees payable will be as per those specified above under the heading “Rules in regard to issue of additional Transcripts of Academic Record”.
For International purposes:
- For normal delivery of additional Transcripts of Academic Records, a fee of TK. 1,500 (US $ 30) plus mailing charges (as per the rate of DHL/Fed Ex) will be applicable. Transcripts will be issued within a period of seven (7) days. For further transcripts a fee of TK. 1,000 (US $ 50) plus mailing charges (as per the rate of DHL/Fed Ex) will be applicable provided evidence has been provided that an additional transcript has been issued at a previous date.
- For emergency delivery of additional Transcripts of Academic Records, a fee of TK. 2,500 (US $ 60) plus mailing charges (as per the rate of DHL/Fed Ex) will be applicable. Transcripts will be issued within a period of 48 hours. For further transcripts issued, a fee of TK. 2,000 (US $ 50) plus mailing charges (as per the rate of DHL/Fed Ex) will be applicable provided evidence has been provided that an additional transcript has been issued at a previous date
- In special circumstances, upon request for additional transcripts from the relevant institution/ college/university/ agency/ to meet a deadline (usually less than 48 hours), an additional fee of TK. 1,000 (US $ 20) will be applicable as extra-ordinary processing fee plus mailing charges as applicable for international/ domestic delivery. However, the university will not be responsible for delay in transit for delivery.
- No transcript of academic records or certificates will be issued to a student unless he/she has finished the degree requirements and have cleared all his fees outstanding with the university.
- All payments in regard to the issue of additional Transcripts of Academic Records or (provisional) certificates must be payable in. the form of bank draft/pay order and no cash payments will be entertained.
- All Communications or enquires for issue of additional Transcripts of Academic Records or (Provisional) Certificates must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail.
- Any changes or rectifications required, arising from the negligence of WUB staff, the university will bear the same expenses as mentioned above.
Rules With Regard To Issue of Original Certificate
- An original certificate shall be issued to student after holding convocation of relevant student.
- A convocation fee as decided by competent authority shall be charged to each student whether he/she personally remains present or not in the convocation.
- The provisional certificate must be surrendered to the university before receiving the original certificate.
- Issue of duplicate or additional certificate shall be made in the circumstances as is applicable in case of issue of provisional certificate.
- The provisional certificate shall become invalid from the date of holding convocation of the relevant group/s of students.
A student will be charged as per the following for the verification of any one of the document of the university.
- TK. 1500/-within 7 days
- TK. 2000/-within 3 days
- TK. 3000/-within 2 days
- TK. 5000/-within 1day
RULES WITH REGARD TO ISSUE OF TESTIMONIALS CERTIFICATE OF CHARACTER
Testimonials / Certificates of Character
The testimonials will consist of brief outline of student’s academic credentials specifying the CGPA obtained as well as details of courses exempted and transferred to the university.
The Certificate of Character, in addition to providing a brief outline of student’s academic credentials specifying the CGPA obtained as well as details of courses exempted and transferred to the university, will also specify in brief the character and behavior of the student (and may include ratings of mental aptitudes and skills and knowledge acquired).
All testimonials/certificates of Character and such documents are deemed to be property of the university and may be withdrawn from the students as per the discretion of the university.
All students are eligible for receiving testimonials once they have completed all the degree requirements and have cleared all the dues of the university.
Certificates of Character can also be provided to students based on clearance of dues and may /may not be issued to students if they have not completed all the degree requirements.
Testimonials/Certificates of Charter are only issued on payment of TK. 1000 in the form of pay order/bank draft in favor of the Registrar, World University of Bangladesh. Normal delivery requires a period of seven (7) days.
For emergency deliveries within 48 hours, a fee of TK. 1, 500 is applicable.
For additional Testimonials/Certificates of Character, a fee of TK. 750 will be applicable for normal deliveries and TK. 1,200 for emergency deliveries.
Violation of any of these rules will be considered as a strict offense and students will be punished either monetarily or through expulsion.
The university reserves the right to make changes in any of the rules, in programs, courses & contents, admission requirement fee, or in the evaluation and in the disciplinary procedures or in any other matters with or without notification, should circumstances so dictate.